I. The Spark of the Reformation - Luther
A. His Early Life
B. Becoming a Monk
C. Professor of Theology
D. His 95 Thesis
E. The Rift with Rome
II. The Fruit of the Protestant reformation
A. Scripture in the Language of the People
B. The Bread and the cup served at Communion
C. Sermons in Native Language
D. Congregational Singing
E. The 5 Solas
1. Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The
Bible alone is our highest authority.
2. Sola Fide (“faith alone”): We are saved
through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
3. Sola Gratia (“grace alone”): We are
saved by the grace of God alone.
4. Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus
Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.
5. Soli Deo Gloria (“to the glory of God alone”):
We live for the glory of God alone.